I created this site with the guys at ChromaAgency and Brothers and Sisters for Sky Sports’ The92 campaign in 2009. It featured an infinitely scrollable wall of photos and comments from users, all filterable and deep-linkable, as well as the obligatory video player, blog and Twitter integration – way ahead of its time for 2009. Continue reading The92 – Soccer social media site
I created an Audio Spectrum Analyser app which has proved very popular (over 100k downloads and counting). Turn your phone into a professional spectrum analysis tool and break into safes – um, please don’t use it for that 😉
• How does it work?
• What can it be used for?
• How to use it
• More articles
• Get the app
How does it work?
What can it be used for?
There are many uses for spectrum analyzers, such as:
• Assessing environmental noise for health and safety
• Sound checking speaker setups, PA systems and in-car stereos
• Identifying audio signals obscured to the human ear by noise
• Testing the microphone on your device
• Comparing the quality of different brands of headphones
• Testing signal generators
• Tuning musical instruments
• Measuring audio signals just outside human perception. As people age over 20 years, their aural perception range drops well below 21 kHz
How to use it
For mixing or calibrating audio equipment, watch these handy videos or see the articles below, have a look at this article on using spectrum analyzers, this one on using spectrum analyzers for mixing, or watch these useful videos:
• What people use spectrum analyzers for
• How to use a spectrum analyzer
• How to do EQing
• Supercharging your mixes
I occasionally give away a few copies of Speccy, when there are promo codes available. Here’s a random promo code from the database, which someone may or may not have used already 🙂
For those interested in helping me correct or add more translations, see this github repo.
Get the app
I don’t usually don’t much print design, but a new brand of rice pudding was launching in Thailand and a colleague sought my help to design the shelf tags for 7-11 and put together some marketing shots. A couple of the shots also needs retouching to remove some wheat pictured in the image (since the local FDA said that shouldn’t be in shot if it’s not in the product).
I recently started consulting for TheMoneyPouch, an automated algorithmic trading “RoboAdvisor” for investors who don’t want to stare at candlestick charts all day. I’m helping with their branding, network security and also working on their app. It’s great to be part of the team on such a cutting edge product. Go and have a look!